- Bow on entering and leaving the Dojo.
- Address all instructors as ‘Sensei” whilst in the Dojo.
- Oss is sign of respect, and is used generally in Karate, especially in the following situations:-
Upon receiving any advice or command from the Instructor, the student must reply by answering ‘Oss’.
When bowing at the start and finish of the class.
When bowing to your partner during Kumite.
In any other appropriate situation, for instance during gradings or competitions.
- Members must not leave the class without first obtaining permission from the Sense,
- Members arriving late must take up a kneeling position at the front of the Dojo, and await permission from the Instructor before joining the class. On receiving permission, bow and then join the class.
- Karate-Gis must be kept clean and in good condition.
- Finger and toe nails must be kept clean and short.
- Jewellery or the like must not be worn during training. If you cannot remove jewellery, it must be covered by tape.
- Finally, as a Member of the KUGB you must not behave in any manner that is likely to offend the etiquette of the Dojo.